Scotland’s most romantic hotel is warming up Winter with cosy weekend packages – and we’re offering one lucky couple the chance to snuggle up together there for free.
Our competition winner will enjoy a two nights’ luxury stay at Ardanaiseig, situated on the banks of Loch Awe in Argyll amid some of the UK’s most spectacular scenery.
The 16-bedroom Grade II listed mansion was named by the editors of the 2017 edition of the UK Good Hotel Guide as Scotland’s top romantic and country house hotel. This year it was also shortlisted as Scotland’s Best Independent Hotel and voted Best Wedding Hotel in the Argyll and Lomond region.
Its Winter Warmer package is aimed at guests eager to share romance, families looking to relax together, and city and town dwellers wishing to swap hectic lifestyles for a few days of luxurious rural living.
The package includes accommodation in a Master Loch or Master Garden View Suite, breakfast, a hearty three-course dinner and afternoon tea in its sumptuous drawing room.
Ardanaiseig, a 20 minute drive from the main road between Glasgow and Oban (gateway to the Hebridean islands), showcases oil paintings and quirky antique furnishings.
The Winter Warmer package is priced at £295 per room per night, and is available between Thursdays and Mondays until 5 March 2018.
Terms and conditions
1. The promoter of this competition is Scot PR Ltd (“Promoter”), which has its registered offices located at Hudson House, 8 Albany Street, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH1 3QB and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number SC241333.
2. This competition is administered and fulfilled by Time Inc. (UK) Ltd (“TIUK”), which has its registered offices located at 161 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9AP and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 53626.
3. There will be one winner of this competition. The winner will win the following prize a two nights’ Winter Warmer package for two people at the Ardanaiseig (based on two sharing) to include bed, breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner. Drinks and travel are not included.
4. The winner is responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas.
5. This competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
6. This competition is open to residents in the UK (excluding Northern Ireland) aged eighteen (18) or over with access to the internet, excluding employees and past employees of Promoter and TIUK, their printers and agents and anyone materially connected to the administration of this competition. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.
7. This competition will run on www.countrylife.co.uk
8. To enter this competition, you must choose the correct answer to a question and submit the answer along with your contact details as per the instructions on the competition website.
9. This competition will open on 2 October 2017 and the closing date is 23.59 GMT on 30 November 2017.
10. You can only enter this competition online, via the link to the competition website specified above. Entry made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
11. Only one entry per person may be submitted. All entries will become the property of TIUK and will not be returned. TIUK and Promoter accept no responsibility for entries unsuccessfully submitted.
12. Entries must be made directly by the person entering this competition. By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these Competition Terms.
13. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received by the closing date. The decision of TIUK is final and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision
14. Winner(s) will be notified by email,or telephone on or before 14 December. The prizes promoters will then be in touch with the winner to arrange details of the prize.
15. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 7 days, or if the winner is unable to comply with these Competition Terms, TIUK reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
16. Failure to respond and/or provide information requested, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
17. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize supplier’s terms and conditions. The prize is as stated, is not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. TIUK accepts no responsibility whatsoever for elements of the prize being withdrawn. In the event of the prize being unavailable, TIUK and Promoter reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
18. TIUK and Promoter reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of this competition. Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, TIUK and Promoter, their agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of TIUK and/or Promoter, their agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. If you are a winner of this competition, you agree that TIUK and Promoter may use your name, photograph and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes, and you agree to co-operate with any other reasonable requests by TIUK and Promoter relating to any post-winning publicity.
22. In the event of a discrepancy between these Competition Terms and the details in the promotional material, the details in the promotional material shall prevail.
23. These Competition Terms will be governed by English Law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. The first entry drawn at random will win a two nights’ Winter Warmer package for two people (based on two sharing) to include bed, breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner. Drinks and travel are not included.
25. Accommodation is subject to availability and excludes Christmas and New Year.
26. Entering this competition indicates your consent to be added to the Country Life newsletter and that Time Inc. (UK) Ltd and its partners may contact you about relevant products or services and research via email. You can opt out at any time via the unsubscribe messages in the emails you are sent.