1. Bourgogne Château Vintaged Finish is a French limestone with colour tones ranging from caramel to taupe. £155 per sq m (including VAT) from Artisans of Devizes (01380 720007; http://artisansofdevizes.com)
2. Berkeley Grey flagstone is a hard, durable limestone, which is suitable for inside and outside. From £45 per sq m from Natural Stone Consulting (0845 521 8700; www.naturalstoneconsulting. co.uk)
3. Milan Tumbled Limestone from Mandarin Stone. From £39 per sq m (01600 715444; www.mandarinstone.com)
4. Bordeaux Black Cobbles from Lapicida costs £96 per sq m (020– 3012 1000; www.lapicida.com)
5. Nebula Lagoon composite-stone flooring costs £400 per sq m from Silestone at Cosentino (01256 761229; http://silestone.co.uk)
6. Portland Stone by Marlborough Tiles isn’t actually stone, but is glazed porcelain designed to replicate real stone. £53.84 per sq m (01672 512422; www.marlboroughtiles.com)
7. Umbrian limestone by Floors of Stone costs between £48 and £49 per sq m depending on the size of the tile (01509 234000; www.floorsofstone.com)
Keep your carpets clean and pawprint free.