A Grade II listed house dating from the 1820s built in the Gothic revival style, occupying an elevated position overlooking historic parkland where the Battle of Evesham was fought, has been launched on the market.
The Bell House is one of three properties converted from Abbey Manor which is set in its own parkland with extensive views to the Cotswolds, Bredon Hill and the Malvern Hills. The property has Gothic revival details including stonework, carvings and the original bell in its own tower. The three-bedroom Bell House is set in 30 acres of communal gardens and parkland including formal lawns and garden, tennis court, woodland areas, and relics from Evesham Abbey.
The Battle of Evesham was fought in 1265 on the parkland that now belongs to Abbey Manor. Simon de Montfort, the Earl of Leicester, was killed during the battle and the Leicester Tower and the Obelisk were built in the woodlands by the Rudge family to commemorate his death. The Rudge family built Abbey Manor in the 1820s and many relics from Evesham Abbey, which was demolished by Henry VIII during the Reformation, can now be seen in the present house and woodlands.
£695,000 freehold through Hayman-Joyce, 01386 858510