Calthwaite Hall is a magnificent early-Victorian Grade II listed house extending in around seven acres, standing on the edge of Calthwaite village. It is situated in beautiful countryside close between Penrith and Carlisle, near the eastern edge of the Lake District National Park and within easy reach of the M6.
The property is an impressive country house constructed around 1840, with fine dressed stone elevations featuring Victorian Gothic architectural detail. The Gothic theme continues inside with a remarkable carved oak spiral staircase in the centre of the three-storey galleried hall, fine plaster detail and oak panelled doors to most rooms.
The Hall is in need of refurbishment – at the present time the accommodation is arranged as a five-bedroom house and an independent two bedroom apartment – and would make a perfect family house once brought back into one property.
Mature wooded grounds outside provide the approach to the house, opening out to grass paddocks on the east side, where there is stabling and a ménage, all in just over 7 acres. Junction 41 of the M6 is just five miles away and Carlisle is 13 miles drive from where it is around four hours by train to London.
The guide price is £800,000. For further information, please contact Smiths Gore on 01228 520 802.