The Old Rectory was built around 1805 of red brick under a slate roof and sits on the outskirts of the Norfolk village of Ditchingham. The property has been extensively renovated including re-wiring, re-plumbing, insulation, timber treatment and re-roofing. The heating system has also been modernised. At the same time, the period details have been retained and include cornice work, fireplaces and traditional locally-sourced oak floors.
The rooms are classically proportioned throughout with the main reception rooms including the drawing room and sitting room, to the front of the house. A hard wood conservatory is found at the west end of the house, and creates an open plan kitchen and dining room area which leads out to the patio. There is also planning permission for an orangery.
Upstairs on the first floor are the master bedroom suite and three further bedrooms, and a family bathroom; on the second floor are two further bedrooms and another bathroom.
* Subscribe to Country Life and get our Ipad edition at no extra cost
Outside to the north is a large area of lawn laid out as a tennis court; to the east is the raised kitchen garden with a path peading to the outbuildings and through again to a large pond. The patio runs the full length of the house and here the garden has a park-like setting adjoining the church. The gardens extend to around 3.3 acres and there is planning permission for a barn.
The Old Rectory is situated on the outskirts of the village of Ditchingham which has a local shop and a post office. The nearby town of Bungay is just one mile and provides further amenities. Norwich is 12 miles.
The guide price is £1.1m. For further information please contact Jackson-Stops & Staff on 01603 612 333 or visit www.jackson-stops.co.uk.
** Follow Country Life Property on Twitter