Land For Sale In Podgora,croatia
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- An outstanding building plot on the stunning Makarska Riviera
- Superb location for a villa
- luxury apartments or boutique hotel
- Just 100 meters from the sea and above the beautiful beach
- Spectacular sea views & further great views to Mount Biokovo
- Site area of 1200 m with overall measurements of 54m x 22m
- Possible building development area 1000 m plus pool & garden
- Excellent private position
- no future building being allowed nearby
- In a zone built area
- so building permit obtainable in 1-2 months
- Road to the plot is there
- water and telecom all nearby
- Just outside the delightful small town of Podgora
- with all facilities
Property descriptionThe largely rectangular shaped plot measures 54 m x 22 m and will provide a building development area of 1000 m or 10,764 square feet, allowing ample space for a garden and swimming pool.
The land is considered to be ideal for building an exclusive villa, a small block of luxury apartments or a small boutique style hotel.
The plot is on a special interpolation position, meaning that no future building close to it will be permitted. Because it is situated in the "dark yellow zone - built area" (zone ready for building) in the Podgora Official Urban Plan, a Building Permit can be obtained in one to two months.
There is an existing road leading to the property and the electricity, water and telecom services are all installed nearby. Access to the beach is presently by way of a small public road or path but there are plans for tunnel access, which will involve a walk of just 65 meters, of which 15 meters will be through the tunnel.
This land is in single ownership and has clean title. A contract for the sale can be issued immediately.
The owner is able to provide a comprehensive selection of specialist services for the benefit of the buyer or investor. These range from introducing a suitable architect and building contractors to complete project management. The entire building process can be monitored and controlled from the new owners city and country using webcam and internet.
There can hardly be a better time to buy a prime building plot such as this one. Building costs are now at their lowest level for years and are expected to remain so for the next two to three years. Meanwhile, real estate values along the Adriatic Sea are recovering from their lowest level for ten years.
Croatian membership of the EU has resulted in a significant increase in interest in property by the Adriatic Sea from Germany, Austria, Italy, UK, Russia, Slovenia, Hungary and Slovakia, helped by impressive new additions to the highway and airport infrastructures.
The combination of all these factors enables investors in building projects to realise a really impressive return on their investment, with anything from 50% to 100% in just one to two years being possible, due to the present big difference between projects costs and today's current (and higher in the future) market prices.
Another important factor is that, within the next two years, a new marina for 120 yachts is to be built near the existing port of Podgora and this can only increase the towns reputation as the true Croatian St. Tropez, whilst real estate prices in and around Podgora will inevitably increase further as a result.
THE LOCATION AND TOWN OF PODGORA
Podgora is on the Makarska Riviera and is frequently referred to as the St. Tropez of the Croatian Adriatic. Indeed, this is considered to be the most beautiful part of the Adriatic Sea and, environmentally, the cleanest part of the clearest sea in the world.
Podgora is at the very heart of Dalmatia and is about 60 km south of the well known resort city of Split, which can be reached in some 40 minutes (about 10 minutes on local roads followed by 30 minutes on the highway).
Although a small town with a population of just 1200, Podgora has a full infrastructure and offers a wide range of facilities, including shops, markets, cafs, restaurants and hotels. It has beautiful long beaches extending over 3.5 km and wonderful sea-side promenades. The town is decorated with delightful tree-lined wood and lavender plants, the colours and scents of which add even more charm.
Situated 8 km south of Makarska, a town of 13,000 with full public infrastructure, large shopping centres and much more, Podgora is well connected with much of Europe. It is just 10 minutes drive from Croatian Highway A1, the direct highway to Germany, Austria, Slovenia and Italy, and has easy access to other major Dalmatian towns via Adriatic Road 2. Worldwide connections by air are available from Split Airport, which is about 40 minutes drive.
The nearby Nature Park at Mount Biokovo offers a variety of leisure activities and facilities, including paragliding, hiking, riding, gliding and parachuting. Here, under the cliffs of Mount Biokovo, bordered by a necklace created by Mediterranean vegetation and golden beaches and lapped at by the sea blue garment, Podgora represents a natural oasis for the holiday maker, resident owner or investor.
1. These details are provided and intended as a general guide only and do not form a contract or any part of a contract. Intending buyers must make their own investigations and are advised to take appropriate independent legal advice. The final sale price may vary due to currency exchange fluctuations.
2. Please be aware that, if you print off these details from the Investabroad Properties website, they will include the full Disclaimer which covers numerous points, some of which may not be relevant to this property and which can be viewed by clicking on Disclaimer at the foot of this page. To avoid this, print the pages of the actual property details individually, but it will then be assumed that you have read and are aware of the complete Disclaimer.
Podgora, Dalmatian Coast, Croatia
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need