- 1680 square meters of living space
- 5419 square meters of cadastral area
28 km from Paris via the A4 motorway; 30 km from Charles-de-Gaulle airport; 35 km from Orly airport; 15 km from Chessy-Marne-la-Vallée, as well as a large shopping centre and an amusement park, via the A4 motorway.
This building is set between a street and a lake on the outskirts of a village.
This plant, once the laundry for the village chateau (property of a famous family), was built in 1840 by architect Joseph-Froelicher.
It closed down in 1955 after 80 years of good and loyal service. At the time, 15 employees took care of the estate’s laundry as well as that of the French “Secours National” welfare organisation. They washed 8,000 items per year. As required by its vocation, the building is set between an access road and a lake. Following on from the building, the roof and facades of which have French Historic Monument listing, are outbuildings, constructed in a different style and used for professional purposes. These are included on the PLU (Plan Local d’Urbanisme / Local Planning Programme) and are compatible with a hotel and/or catering project.
This building is composed of a central building spanning two levels under attic space and above a cellar. It is flanked by two wings, each spanning three levels. The interlocking tile roofs as well as the brick and stone facades have French Historic Monument listing. The latter are richly embellished. The lower level looks out over the lake via a large, arched window which has brick framing and is topped with a tile canopy, adorned with lambrequins. The upper level is illuminated via small-paned windows, the bases of which are embellished with a bevelled wooden string course, lined with a variety of species, giving it an authentic marquetry effect. The upper level of the central section is faced with brick and illuminated via five semi-circular arched windows, protected by open wooden louvres. The biggest of these windows is in the centre, the others decrease in size on either side in keeping with the slope of the roof.
Two levels of the stone-faced wings feature classical windows which harmoniously flank the central window on a level with the lake.
Just like the central section, they are topped with a similar canopy, bordered with lambrequins. On the upper level, small-paned windows are topped with the roof, also bordered with lambrequins
The ornamental features of the facades, reminiscent of English architecture, were created 10 years before the works of Davioud in the Bois-de-Boulogne.
The extensions communicating with the building are not deemed to be outbuildings. They date from the 1970’s and are covered with shingle.
Only a magnificent chateau could justify the construction of such a luxurious laundry. The initial layout is no longer in existence, giving way to large, empty, open spaces. Such emptiness forms the main asset in that anything is now possible inside, only the roof and walls being listed. Furthermore, the quality of the architecture and the construction represent a guarantee of quality for the entire carcass: the base is excellent; a gem of a shell. The proximity of the French capital does not need to be reiterated.
The PLU authorises the property to be used for a hotel and/or catering project.
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need