- 6 bedrooms
- 13 habitable rooms
- 250 square meters of living space
- 40 square meters of surface of the outbuildings
120 km from the French capital and 49 km from Troyes, this house is equidistant, some 10 km, from Nogent-sur-Seine and Romilly-sur-Seine, both with train stations providing 45-minute links to Paris. It stands next to a church in a large, picturesque market town with all amenities. The village was dubbed “the town of twelve bridges” in the 6th century. Henri III, Count of Champagne, took it over in 1170 and then, gave it as a dowry to his daughter, Jeanne-de-Navarre, when she married Philippe-le-Bel, King of France in 1284. Hence, the estate became crown property. Napoleon-Bonaparte gave it to his mother. Casimir-Perrier lived there.
This property can be reached via three entrances, that of the main courtyard, that of the garden from the church parvis and, the third, that of the garage from the street. The old guardhouse, with its foundations dating back to the 12th and 13th centuries, was reconstructed in the 19th century but kept its street gable, the house being entered via the facade in the walled courtyard, where it faces another small house opposite. Then come three gardens communicating via gentle slopes. A covered garage at the end of the second garden can take two cars.
This dwelling and the turret flanking it are constructed from millstone grit. A lean-to adjoins the house. The slate roof features pediment roof dormers and brick chimney stacks. The facade in the courtyard has two entrances.
The small house
This outbuilding was last used as a doctor’s surgery. It has a room with floor tiles (the waiting room), a small lobby with a toilet, a kitchen area and a main room, used by the doctor for seeing patients.
This closed, lock-up garage can take two cars.
The little lean-to
The lean-to adjoins the house and is used for storage purposes.
The village had its hour of glory and the origins of the house are many centuries old. The 19th century made it a sober, elegant dwelling. The large round tower, adjoining it, bestows an undeniable nobility under the protection of the nearby church. The small annex building could be used by someone seeking to work from home or as rental accommodation. Children and adults alike will take great delight in the three gently sloping gardens.
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need