- 7 bedrooms
- 14 habitable rooms
- 507 square meters of living space
- 2274 square meters of surface of the outbuildings
2¾ hours from Brussels, 2½ hours from Luxembourg, some 15 minutes from Reims and Champagne-Ardenne TGV train station with its 40-minute links to the French capital.
This property stands in a perfectly isolated, dominant position with no audible or visual nuisances.
Its origins are in need more extensive research but archives indicate that in 1554 this old farm was composed of “123 arpents 75 verges” of arable land, in addition to the farm buildings, and that it belonged to the Chapterhouse of Reims up until the French Revolution.
A little country land leads to the property. A vast, tarmacked courtyard is enclosed by a group of farm buildings used for equestrian purposes and a huge, L-shaped residence which has been divided into two houses. Behind them are two private gardens. 18 hectares of rolling pastureland extends predominantly below the property.
The first house
This first house, in a corner of the courtyard, is constructed from pointed exposed stone. Spanning two levels over a partial cellar, it is topped with an interlocking tile roof.
The year 1877 is engraved above an alcove on its facade. This is most certainly the construction date for the primitive house’s extension, built at right angles.
The second house
Set at right angles to the first one, this house reflects the same architectural style but has eaves with a heavier overhang and a stone string course separating the two levels.
These comprise four vast stables, built of stone and topped with interlocking tile roofs. They contain some fifty horse loose boxes with automatic drinking troughs on either side of a central alleyway.
On the first floor of one of the stables, an area spanning 350 m² is regularly transformed into an exhibition hall for displaying works of art.
They are completed with farm sheds used for storing straw and hay, a covered, 36x18 m, riding arena, an outdoor, 70x30 m, sandy schooling arena, surrounded by trees to provide shade, a 4-horse walker and, of course, several showers as well as a sun terrace.
The riders have a clubhouse as well as a changing room.
This ideal location and first-rate setting are but an opportune invitation to take over and continue the current activity. A point well worthy of mention, the property is completely self-sufficient in water as a collection of springs provide it with a more than ample supply.
Other projects could obviously be envisaged such as, for example, the equally current artistic activity.
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need