- 58 bedrooms
- 87 bathrooms
- 5 reception rooms
- Secondary accommodation
- Swimming Pool
- Private Parking/Garage
- 24.70 acres
The property is steeped in history with an earliest recorded date in 1135. The buildings were added over the centuries to house the various owners from the Acciaioli family, residents from the 15th to the 19th century, who built up from the castel ruins, the Masti family and prior to the current owners, Sir George Sitwell who bought the Castle in 1910 for 120.000 lire.
The Villa was used to safeguard works of art from the Uffizi during the 2nd world war, was SS Headquarters briefly and has been frequented by many famous personalities. There is a romanesque-style chapel built in 1594, an elegant central courtyard, beautiful terraced gardens, a pool, an impressive grotto and 10 Ha of land.
There are some important works of art throughout the property including a room entirely decorated by the artist Gino Severini in 1921 and works by Sanci, Ulivelli and Nesi.
The property boarders on the Val d'Ema, di Greve and d'Elsa.
Cerbaia 4 km, Montespertoli 10 km, Florence 20 km, Siena 68 km and Pisa 76 km.
Set on a hill along the quiet Volterra road from Florence, the surrounding area is beautiful tuscan countryside.
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need