Chianti Classico - Prestigious Winery With Vineyard For Sale, Gaiole In Chianti
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 4 bedrooms
- 3 bathrooms
Property descriptionOn the Chianti Hills in the province of Siena, prestigious wine estate with Chianti Classico DOCG and SuperTuscan IGT vineyards.
A short distance from a town with all the services (300m; 2), the property is located in a hilly position with a beautiful view over the vineyards. In a short time frame one could reach several of the most known towns of Tuscany: Gaiole in Chianti (9km; 15), the medieval Siena (30km; 50), Montevarchi (30km; 45), Greve in Chianti (34km; 50), Arezzo (50km; 1h 10), the turreted San Gimignano (71km; 1h 20) and the Renaissance Florence (74km; 1h 25).
The main airports to reach the property are Firenze Peretola (79km; 1h 20), Perugia SantEgidio (118km; 1h 35), Pisa Galilei (124km; 2h), Bologna Marconi (160km; 2h 10), Roma Ciampino (247km; 2h 40) and Roma Fiumicino (262km; 2h 45).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The property includes two main buildings, located a short distance from each other, plus a ruined farmhouse to be demolished and potentially rebuilt among the vineyards.
The cellar (478 sqm 5,143 sqft) is located in the outskirts of a small town, directly above the owned vineyards. On the inside, the building is split into 9 locals on two floors, including the wine-making locals on the ground floor and the business office on the first floor. On the outside there is also a metal shed (35 sqm 377 sqft).
Inside the town there is a farmhouse (362 sqm 3,895 sqft) laid out onto three floors. Currently used as a storage house for the products, it could easily be converted into a residence thanks to its nice size.
- Basement: storage room;
- Ground floor: storage room, a local fitted with wood-burning oven;
- First floor: 3 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and several locals to be restored;
- Second floor: bedroom.
An accessory building (ca. 130 sqm 1,399 sqft) is located among the vineyards but is in precarious structural conditions and its eventual reconstruction could allow the owners to use it either as a holiday house or warehouse.
STATE AND FINISHES
The cellar is currently working and is equipped with cutting-edge machineries. The building is pretty simple, rectangular in shape, and hosts the vinification tanks and the barriques for wine ageing.
The farmhouse in the town, conversely, is in builders finish and thanks to the excellent temperature of the ground floor and the basement it is currently used as a storage house for wines. The restoration of the building would grand a Tuscan-styled farmhouse with terracotta floors and wooden beams to be used as part of the hosting business.
Finally, the building among the vineyards is in precarious conditions and is currently unusable. However, its demolition would allow rebuilding a stone farmhouse (same volume) to be used as a private residence and/or house for rent thanks to its panoramic position.
The property covers a total of 12.7 hectares of land, the majority of which covered by vines.
These vineyards span approximately 11.5 hectares, mainly registered as Chianti Classico DOCG (8.8 ha). Totally replanted starting in 1993 with a density of 5,000 stumps per hectare, these vineyards grant a yearly production ranging around 61,000 Chianti Classico DOCG wine bottles and 19,000 SuperTuscan IGT wine bottles.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Vineyard surface: 11.5 hectares (8.8 ha Chianti Classico DOCG + 2.7 ha IGT Toscano)
- Varieties: Sangiovese (60%), Merlot (23%) and Ancellotta (17%)
- Year of planting: 1993 2006
- Altitude: 400 450 m
- Exposure: south
- Density: 5,000 vines / ha
- Training: pruned-spur cordon-trained vines
- Harvesting: manual
- Terrain composition: clay, gravel
- Yearly production: 80,000 bottles (61,000 Chianti Classico DOCG + 19,000 SuperTuscan IGT)
- Maximum wine capacity: 2,700 hl
- Markets reached: Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovakian Republic, United Kingdom, United States
- Containers in the cellar: 16 concrete fermenting tanks (1,685 hl), 10 stainless steel tanks (480 hl), 4 fiberglass tanks (140 hl), 4 Slovenian oak barrels (200 hl), 3 French oak barrels (51 hl), 51 barriques (116 hl) and 56 caratelli (28 hl)
- Equipment: EFA cooling/heating system (2010), grape drying rack for the production of Vinsanto, freight elevator, Vaslin press, destemmer, Liverani circulation pumps, Mori pressure pumps, filtration device, corking device, labeling machine, wine analyzer, barrel pumping attachment, cleaning attachment, pallet roller, 500 kg scale
Wines sold by the property are all high-quality and it is testified by the excellent ratings obtained on prestigious international reviews, among which we must recall Gambero Rosso (Italy), Espresso (Italy), Slow Food (Italy), Veronelli (Italy), Wine Spectator (United States of America), Robert Parker Wine Advocate (United States of America), Dagbladet & Dagasavisen (Norway), Falstaff (Austria), Feinschmecker (Germany) and Vinum und Merum (Switzerland).
- Chianti Classico DOCG Riserva: 100% Sangiovese
- Chianti Classico DOCG: 80% Sangiovese, 20% Merlot
- SuperTuscan IGT: 90% Merlot, 10% Ancellotta
- Vinsanto Chianti Classico DOC
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The wine estate is well-established, with a nice network of clients all over the world, and produces high-quality wines. The building in the town and the ruined farmhouse could be a viable starting point for a hosting business in the heart of Chianti and a short distance from the most known towns and cities of Tuscany.
-, Gaiole In Chianti, Siena, Italy
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need