Chianti - Organic Farm For Sale In Montespertoli, Tuscany
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 11 bedrooms
- 18 bathrooms
Property descriptionIn Tuscany, in the Chianti Fiorentino, in Montespertoli, in a hilly location, organic farm with manor villa, wine cellar, farmhouse and 69 hectares of land.
The property, which is not far from other buildings, is accessible via a paved road. Montespertoli is within easy reach of the most beautiful towns and villages in Tuscany such as San Gimignano (24km), Firenze (37km), Volterra (49km), Siena (51km), Lucca (80km), Pisa (81km).
The nearest airports are Florence Peretola airport and Pisa Galilei airport, respectively 35 km and 77 km away.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The Leopoldina has a surface of 230 sqm and is laid out on three levels, composed as follows.
- Underground floor: cellar and boiler room.
- Ground floor: eat-in kitchen, sitting room, bathroom and two rooms.
- First floor: two bathrooms, five bedrooms and a terrace.
The villa is equipped with solar panels and is surrounded by an adjacent garden.
The wine cellar has a surface of 928 sqm and is laid out on two levels.
- Ground floor: wine cellar composed of concrete and fiberglass vats with a capacity of about 2,000 hectoliters.
- First floor: storage rooms, offices and a room used for wine bottling.
The building includes also some rooms to be restored, where there used to be aging barrels.
The former farmhouse (575 sqm) is laid out on three levels and includes six apartments, a coppaia to store olive oil with a storage room, and four boxes.
- Apartment N°1, on the ground floor (67 sqm): common entrance room, hallway, two rooms, kitchen, bathroom, storage room, terrace and courtyard;
- Apartment N°2, on the ground floor (67 sqm): common entrance room, hallway, two rooms, kitchen, bathroom, utility room, terrace and courtyard;
- Apartment N°3, on the first floor (66 sqm): common entrance room, hallway, two rooms, kitchen, bathroom, utility room, common stairwell, terrace and courtyard;
- Apartment N°4, on the first floor (64 sqm): common entrance room, hallway, two rooms, kitchen, bathroom, utility room, common stairwell, terrace and courtyard;
- Apartment N°5, on the first floor (35 sqm): common entrance room, a room, kitchen, bathroom, utility room and common stairwell;
- Apartment N°6, on the first floor (70 sqm): common entrance room, bathroom, hallway, utility room, common stairwell, three rooms and kitchen.
STATE AND FINISHES
The villa and the former farmhouse are habitable, but to be partially restored.
The property is surrounded by 69.0 hectares of land, split among vineyard (19.0 ha), olive grove (8.0 ha), walnut grove (2.0 ha), woodland (38.0 ha) and unused arable land (2.0 ha).
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
The wine cellar, the vineyards and one of the apartments are currently rented out. The property can be converted into a small winery with tourist accommodation and owners’ house.
The 14 hectares of vineyard currently produce up to 85 quintals of grapes per hectare, with an average annual production of 100,000 bottles. It could be possible, also, to buy the neighboring vineyards, raising up the production of additional 20,000 bottles, for an approximate total production of 120,000 bottles a year.
-, Montespertoli, Florence, Italy
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need