Umbria - Orvieto: 79.2 Ha Estate With Winery And Agriturismo
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 6 bedrooms
- 6 bathrooms
Property descriptionIn the vicinity of the beautiful medieval city of Orvieto, in the Umbrian countryside at the border between Umbria and Tuscany, prestigious estate with winery and Agriturismo. The estate offers 16.6 hectares of vineyards which allow, thanks to the ample cellar, the production of approximately 100,000 bottles of wine per year.
Easily reached and in a quiet position in the Umbrian countryside, this prestigious wine estate is perfect fro whoever is looking for a well-started business allowing at the same time to quickly visit several historical centers of Tuscany and Umbria: the beautiful Orvieto (24km; 35), Citt della Pieve (26km; 35), the Etrusca Perugia (60km; 1h 15), the wine cities of Montalcino (79km; 1h 25) and Montefalco (79km; 1h 30), the Franciscan shrine of Assisi (81km; 1h 35) and even the Eternal city of Rome (134km; 1h 50).
The most useful airports to reach the property are Perugia SantEgidio (69km; 1h 20), Roma Ciampino (148km; 2h), Roma Fiumicino (163km; 1h 50) e Firenze Peretola (166km; 1h 50).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The property is made up of two buildings for the hosting business (545 sqm 5,864 sqft), a dependance (30 sqm 323 sqft), an ample and recently built cellar (1,550 sqm) and two small annexes (209 sqm 2,248 sqft) used as storage house and technical shed.
The main villa (250 sqm 2,690 sqft) is laid out onto two floors:
- Ground floor: living room, kitchen, dining room and bathroom.
- First floor: 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
A second country house (295 sqm 3,174 sqft) hosts on the ground floor the restaurant of the property (190 sqm 2,044 sqft), fitted with a kitchen and capable of hosting up to 60 guests, while on the first floor (105 sqm 1,130 sqft) we find an apartment.
The dependance (30 sqm 323 sqft) is a small two-room building made up of a bedroom with kitchenette and a technical room.
The cellar (1,550 sqm 16,678 sqft) is laid out onto three floors:
- Basement: barriques room and storage rooms
- Ground floor: vinification rooms, storage room, panoramic tasting room, office and bathroom
- First floor: offices for the business
Lastly, we find two agricultural/technical buildings: the first one (190 sqm 2,044 sqft) is a garage for agricultural vehicles fitted with a small depot, while the second one (19 sqm 204 sqft) is a storage room for irrigation devices.
STATE AND FINISHES
The property is in excellent conditions, mainly thanks to the restoration works carried out between 2002 and 2004 on the existing building, while the cellar was built ex novo in 2004. The buildings boasts stone walls typical to countryside farmhouses and on the most sought characteristics have been preserved: wooden beams, terracotta floors, and engraved stone fireplaces.
The cellar, conversely, recently built, is much more simple on the inside and was designed to grant the best possible working space, with everything necessary for the production of wines.
The property (excluding the surface of the buildings and the garden) covers 79.2 hectares of land. Of these, 16.6 ha are covered in vineyards. Then there is a 4.7 ha biological olive grove (with Leccino, Moraiolo and Frantoio cultivars) which allows the production of excellent extra-virgin oil. Finally we have 3.6 ha of arable land and 54.3 ha of coppice wood usable following the current regulation to gather firewood. There is also a small pond usable for irrigation.
The property, given the presence of a hosting business, has a 1.3 ha garden where we can also find a beautiful 10 x 5 m swimming pool.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Surface: 16.6 hectares
- Varieties: Montepulciano, Sangiovese, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Grechetto, Trebbiano and Malvasia
- Year of plantation: 2002 2003
- Altitude: 400 450 m
- Exposure: north, south
- Density: 5,400 stumps/ha
- Training system: pruned-spur cordon-trained (0.80 x 2.30 m)
- Soil composition: sandy, clayish
- Yearly production: ca. 100,000 bottles
- Maximum wine capacity: 2,400 hl
- Reached market: United States of America, Russia and China
- Price: 4.50 per bottle
- Equipment in the cellar: stainless steel vats (2,400 hl in total), 50 French oak barriques, Vaslin-Bucher press, Vasin-Bucher destemmer, mono pump, transfer pump, 2 conveyor belts, labeler, capper, cooling coil, fork-lift truck, 2 wheeled tractors, crawler tractor, steel trailer with auger for grape discharge, trailer, 2 atomizer, trimmer, rotary brush, harrow, mower, plough, hoe, tractor shovel.
Wines produced in the property are of recognized prestige, given the high marks obtained on several specialized magazines and websites: James Suckling (96/100), Veronelli (93/100), Luca Maroni (90/100) and The Wine Advocate (91/100).
- Orvieto DOC: Grechetto, Trebbiano, Malvasia
- Rosso Umbro IGT: Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese
- Rosso Umbro IGT: 40% Merlot, 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Sangiovese
- Rosso Umbro IGT: 70% Montepulciano, 30% Merlot
- Ros Umbro IGT: 50% Merlot, 50% Cabernet Sauvignon
DETAILS ON PRODUCTION QUANTITIES
- Orvieto DOC: approximately 30,000 bottles
- Rosso Umbro IGT: approximately 30,000 bottles
- Rosso Umbro IGT: approximately 20,000 bottles
- Rosso Umbro IGT: approximately 15,000 bottles
- Ros Umbro IGT: approximately 5,000 bottles
USE AND POTENTIAL USES
Backbone of the property is currently the production of high-quality wines (as testified by the high ratings obtained on magazines and websites), coupled with a nice hosting business and many outdoor activities. Guided visits are often organized to vineyards and the nearby Etruscan digging sites, often coupled with tasting of local products.
The main villa is, of course, perfectly suitable ad a private residence, both totally or partially, leaving rooms free for a B&B-like hosting activity. The restaurant, with 60 seats, grants another source of income.
Orvieto, Terni, Italy
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need