Farm, 8 Bedrooms, For Sale
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 8 bedrooms
- 8 bathrooms
- QC Approved Listing
Property description500 meters from the old town of Tavira, the oldest and most preserved city of Algarve, located on the east coast, this small Convent was founded in 1612 by Capuchin monks. In 1840 it became a family residence of a rural nature, and in 1994, after a thorough restoration and adaptation work, it opened its doors as 'Turismo de Habitação' maintaining the sobriety of the original architecture, the silence and harmony of yore. Protected by tropical vegetation and whitewashed walls, two steps away from the Ria Formosa Natural Park, the Convent collects in its 17th century cloister the extraordinary light that identifies this magical place facing a horizon of marshes, salt pans and the sea. With a quadrangular configuration in the center of which is the Cloister, the building, with two floors, consists of three wings orientated, respectively, to the east, south and west, and closed to the north by the church. The communication between floors is made from the outside, through two access stairs, one to the east and the other to the west, so the ground floor and the first floors can work independently. The convent is surrounded by green spaces that include a backyard (with wood garage and propane gas deposit) and garden, in separate areas, and a noria, a well and an old irrigation tank converted into a swimming pool. There is also a bar outside, an annex for staff, bathroom for maintenance staff and storage. It has its own and network water.
Faro , Vilamoura , 8125-401
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need