loading
Menu Search
Horowitz House, The Little Palace In Doroban?i
POA
Property features
Email AgentEmail Agent
  • 20 bedrooms
  • 4 bathrooms
  • Over 50 Years Old
  • In-City
  • QC Approved Listing
  • eGallery Listing
Property description
The area between the two boulevards, Aviatorilor and Dorobanți marks the zone where the streets are named after capital cities and it provides in present time Bucharest an opportunity to time travel. The exclusive neighbourhood hosts many houses which were built mostly during the interwar period and are very well preserved and restored today. The ‘’zone of the capitals’’, as it is named, provides the general public the opportunity to marvel at splendid villas built in the first half of the twentieth century. It has been built with a specific purpose, namely, to accommodate embassies and ambassadors’ residences, and it still shelters an exquisite glow. The dazzling houses from this area are born in consequence of the division of the property of Filipescu family in early twentieth century, the neighbourhood having a similar development as the Ioanid area. Those who were willing to buy a parcel of the Filipescu park in order to build a house there had to obey a few strict rules, for example, the height of the building was not supposed to surpass 13 m. Due to these rules, today we can revel in a green neighbourhood with large sidewalks and streets. The Horowitz House was built between 1946-1948 and it has been consolidated and restored in 2008, preserving the decorations, the floor and part of the furniture. The villa is composed of two mirrored buildings, next to each other and with internal access. The structure is made out of brick masonry. Inside, we can find overwhelming features, the walls are coated with stucco and blossom frames around the doors and windows. The doors are marked by sculpted elements in the wood. The facades are made out of reconstituted stone, better known as ''similipierre'', and there are frames, metopes and stone bas-relief sculptures. In 1950 it has been nationalized and starting with 1954 it hosted for a period of time the American Legation in Bucharest which was elevated to the Embassy status on June 1, 1964.

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/id/2dhzhw
District 1, Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
More Properties From This Agent
Other Results From Your Search
People who viewed this item also viewed
Scroll To Top