House For Sale In Campos Del Rio Murcia,spain
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 4 bedrooms
- A fine two storey villa on a splendidly situated urbanisation
- Built in 2005 in an elevated position at the top of the estate
- An area of outstanding natural beauty
- so no more building
- Excellent size internal area approx 200 square metres
- Benefits from air conditioning in all rooms (cold & hot)
- Well fitted kitchen with appliances and utility room off
- Double garage
- 2 barbecues & 10 x 5 swimming pool
- 2 km from Campos del Rio
- 50 mins from two airports
Property descriptionThe urbanisation of about 70 villas was built on a gradual slope and the property is situated at the top of the site, overlooking the other villas. British, Dutch and Spanish live nearby and all have been welcoming and friendly. Some of the properties are permanent residences, whilst others are used as holiday homes or for holiday rentals.
The villa has the benefit of air conditioning in all rooms (cold and hot air), whilst all windows except two bathroom windows are fitted with electric shutters. There is a large under-build extending the length and breadth of the house, which would make an excellent storage area.
A UPVC door leads into the entrance hallway, which has an under stairs storage area. The lounge-dining room has a ceramic tiled floor, fireplace with fitted log burner, two air conditioning units and patio doors leading to the terrace. A further door leads from the dining area back to the hallway.
The kitchen is well fitted with a good range of units, a double sink and built-in dishwasher, oven and 5 ring hob with extractor fan. A large window overlooks the rear garden and there is a door to the rear paved area. Leading off the kitchen is a utility room.
Three of the four bedrooms are situated on the ground floor, the smallest and fourth bedroom currently being used as a study. The other two are double bedrooms with fitted wardrobes.
The principal bedroom is on the first floor and has a door leading to the external terrace, which continues all round the outside of the villa. This bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and separate dressing room area with fitted wardrobes.
A large Sky satellite dish ensures that Sky television is available and the villa has an internet connection.
Outside, in addition to the first floor terrace, there is a covered terrace with an area of 10.8 square metres or 116 square feet. The garden is planted with palm trees, fruit trees and roses.
The property is completed by a double garage, shed, two barbecues and a swimming pool measuring 10 m x 5 m.
CAMPOS DEL RIO
The origins of the lively town of Campos del Rio are believed to date back to the 11th century. It was once part of the town of Mula, named after the river of that name and, on its separation, was known just as Campos for several hundred years, gaining its present name as recently as the beginning of the 20th century.
Agriculture, horticulture and cattle breeding have always been the driving forces of the local economy. The industries of the land created considerable wealth, as can be seen from the large, wealthy houses along the Calle del Rosario, the Clock Tower and the Baroque Church of St. John the Baptist, dating from the end of the 18th century, which houses works by the sculptor Francisco Salzillo.
The Castle of Campos del Rio is another place of interest. Originally a 13th century watch tower, it has been converted into a viewing point, from which there are great views over parts of the town, the huerta (the market garden and orchard region) and the dry river beds.
Today, the history and delightful surroundings of the town blend happily with its excellent modern amenities, including shops, the usual commercial facilities, cafs and bars, two of which also have restaurant facilities. The paper shop sells English and Spanish newspapers, whilst the medical centre is first class. There is a local market on Wednesday mornings and at Molina de Segura, about 10 minutes away, a huge market on Saturday mornings.
All in all, the busy and very friendly small town of Campos del Rio provides all that nearby property owners will require on a day to day basis and, for more comprehensive shopping or sight seeing, the wonderful city of Murcia is only 25 minutes drive.
Other easily accessible places to visit are Mula (10 minutes), Caravaca de la Cruz (25 minutes), the spa at Archena (20 minutes) and the beaches of the Mar Menor (45 minutes). The site of the planned world class Paramount Theme Park is just 20 minutes away.
1. These details are provided and intended as a general guide only and do not form a contract or any part of a contract. Intending buyers must make their own investigations and are advised to take appropriate independent legal advice. The final sale price may vary due to currency exchange fluctuations.
2. Please be aware that, if you print off these details from the Investabroad Properties website, they will include the full Disclaimer which covers numerous points, some of which may not be relevant to this property and which can be viewed by clicking on Disclaimer at the foot of this page. To avoid this, print the pages of the actual property details individually, but it will then be assumed that you have read and are aware of the complete Disclaimer.
Not applicable , Campos del Rio Murcia, Murcia Region, Spain
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need