Historic Victorian Charmer
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 4 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 2 Car Garage
- Tub and Shower
- Composition Shingle
- Sprinkler System
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Fenced Yard
- Detached Garage
- Walk-in Closet
- Range / Oven
Property descriptionThe grandeur of the Victorian era can be found in this elegant home in the 7 th Avenue Historic District. Restored to its original beauty with astounding attention to detail, the 4 bedroom-4 bath features spectacular period architectural details that will make you feel like you stepped back in time to 1904. Vintage charm abounds with stained glass, ornate cast iron radiators, original trim and baseboards, crown molding, original restored windows and antique light fixtures. These historic elements blend perfectly with updates that have been done to provide modern livability, including the kitchen, bathrooms, roof, electrical, AC, boiler and plumbing. A unique, very cool feature of the property is a carriage house/garage that has been designated as a historic home. This structure can be sold separately from the home and/or converted to living space without re-zoning. The oversized 2 car garage is the original 3 stall horse/carriage barn. In addition, there is a 393 square foot hay loft/storage space above, where the stable manager once lived.· A beautiful brick exterior and original wrought iron fencing lend a storybook quality to the exterior of the home. You will step into a Victorian foyer with solid oak hardwood flooring and a period staircase with ornate woodwork and a stained-glass window.
· The significant character of the home is evident in the large living room, with a functioning gas fireplace with intricately carved wood mantle, custom grass cloth wall covering and original French doors and windows.
· The formal dining room is enhanced by a gorgeous leaded glass window and a wide archway that opens to a charming sunroom.
· Design and function come together seamlessly in the renovated kitchen with custom glass front cabinetry, granite countertops, subway tile backsplash, large pantry, stainless farmhouse sink and a cozy breakfast nook with built-in bench seating. Top of the line stainless appliances include a Sub-zero refrigerator and a commercial grade oven/range with Salamander that heats to 1800 degrees.
· The 2 nd level hosts 3 bedrooms including the master suite with custom built-ins and ensuite marble bath. You will also find a 2 nd marble bath, spacious study and delightful enclosed porch/sleeping room.
· The 3 rd floor functioned as servant’s quarters when the home was originally built. This charming space is now a private 1-bedroom guest apartment with coved ceilings, skylights, rows of built-in bookshelves and a ¾ marble bath with heated flooring. A walk-in closet and custom built-ins provide amazing storage space.
· The backyard sets the scene for exceptional outdoor living with professional landscaping and an expansive covered brick pavers patio that wraps around the back of the home. Majestic trees, colorful perennial gardens and a lush, level lawn create an enchanting setting.
755 N Lafayette Street, Denver, Colorado, United States
Colorado , Greenwood Village , 80111
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need