West Wind Estate And Winery
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 5 bedrooms
- 6 bathrooms
- Video QC Approved Listing
- Country Living
- Green Living
- Wine Country
- Wine Cellar
- Country Living
- Farm & Ranch
- Wine & Vineyard
- Artist Studio
Property descriptionAt an unprecedented moment, and for the first time in its history, an exceptional sanctuary is available for the most discerning. Set on a sundrenched, tree-dotted slope of West Marin’s iconic Black Mountain, overlooking the Nicasio reservoir, West Wind Estate and Winery offers 32 acres of privacy and quality.
• This ultimate West Marin compound provides unsurpassed infrastructure for an off-the-grid experience: solar array, well and spring water, generators, electric car chargers, and private roads.
• Built with authentic, highest-quality Japanese construction, both the main residence and guest residence were designed to harmonize with the natural environment, blending the line between outdoors and indoors.
• Led by a world-renowned master craftsman, built with sustainable, energy-efficient materials such as old-growth Port Orford cedar, copper roofs, cherry wood floors, and integral-color plaster.
• West Wind’s winery and 2400 sqft wine cave – believed to be the only cave of its kind in Marin – include catering facilities and have hosted many events.
• Two acres of planted Pinot Noir and Cabernet Franc, as well as orchards of Italian olive trees and fruit trees, supply the estate’s wines and pressed olive oils.
• Multiple accessory buildings, such as an art studio/workshop, a Japanese Kura or treasure house (construction to be completed Spring 2021) and barn, offer many possibilities.
• Exquisite formal Japanese gardens, Koi ponds, and walking paths beckon.
• On-property recreational opportunities abound, including hiking, cycling, bocce, and swimming in the 50,000-gal pool.
• Equestrian facilities are nearby.
• Only 20 minutes by car to Hwy 101, and yet a world apart, West Wind Estate offers the ultimate retreat.
WEST WIND ESTATE AND WINERY FEATURES
Main Residence 3,000 sf
• 3 bedrooms, 2 ½ baths
• Concrete and cherry flooring, radiant heat, custom LED lighting, high end kitchen appliances and amenities, shoji screened windows, built in media center and home AV
• 2-car garage with Tesla chargers
• Spring fed 50,000 gal swimming pool
• Bocce Court
• Formal Japanese garden Guest House 2,200 sf
• 2 bedrooms, 2 baths
• Traditional Japanese genkan, Cherry hardwood flooring, high end appliances and amenities, including Japanese soaking bath, shoji screened windows, customized pantry/laundry
• 2-car carport
• Japanese landscape gardening including koi ponds and fountain
• Built-in barbeque Art Studio/Workshop 660 sf
• 12-foot doors and concrete flooring with radiant heating, copper roof, detailing and siding
• Loft area, built in worktables and storage, 110v & 220v power, vacuum system and air compressor
Winery 1,800 sf
• Minka Style with dramatic 20 ft. ceilings and large custom doors, concrete flooring with radiant heating and custom lighting
• Kitchen and full bath with many custom features plus entertaining space, WIFI, security cameras
Wine Cave 2,400 sf
• 12 ft. ceiling, large custom metal doors, energy efficient lighting, humidity controlled, custom wine bar and event space, custom kitchen prep area with commercial sink, refrigerator/freezer/stovetop wine and other storage area Storage Studio
• Authentic Japanese construction building with custom energy efficient lighting, uphill from the guesthouse and near a seasonal stream Kura (traditional Japanese treasure house)
• Dramatic 22’ ceiling, made of durable materials and used to house winemaking, olive oil and other agricultural supplies and equipment.
Tractor Barn/Workshop 400 sf agricultural building
• 10' ceiling with steel shingle roof, concrete floors, barn doors, 110v & 220v power, plumbing bibs, steel trolleys for moving equipment
333-345 Willow Road , Nicasio, California, United States
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need