16 prepared scallops or queens with their corals
16 raw peeled tiger prawns
450g/1lb monkfish fillet, cut into 2.5cm/1in cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp chopped fresh chervil or parsley
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 small orange, halved and thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 lime, thinly sliced
8 x 25cm/10in fine metal skewers
1. Mix the oil, lemon juice, chopped chervil or parsley and some salt and pepper together in a large bowl.
2. Add the scallops, prawns and monkfish and mix together well.
3. Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or for up to 2 hours in the fridge.
4. Thread the scallops, prawns and monkfish on to the skewers, alternating them with folded slices of orange, lemon and lime.
5. Barbecue the kebabs over medium-hot coals for 8-10 minutes, turning and basting with the left over marinade now and then.