House For Sale In Etxalar,spain
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 4 bedrooms
- A fine individual house built to a high standard 4 years ago
- Perfect as a private residence or ideal for bed & breakfast
- Currently generating a significant income from holiday lets
- Occupying an excellent and elevated south facing position
- Under floor heating
- double glazing and solar heating panels
- About 300 m2 of accommodation plus balconies and terraces
- On fine plot of over 8000 m2
- part of which is deciduous forest
- Separate building providing large garage area with studio over
- In area of outstanding natural beauty
- 15 minutes from beaches
- San Sebastian
- Pamplona & Biarritz are only half an hour away
Property descriptionThe south facing house is of typical Basque construction and was built to a very high specification, with local stone and good quality timber, most of which can be seen as exposed beams. It has all the key utilities, including its own spring water, solar panels and an under floor heating system. The external doors and windows are double glazed with natural pine frames and painted pine shutters. The ground floor is laid with hand made terracotta tiles, whilst the upstairs flooring is of solid chestnut throughout.
The main entrance leads into an open plan living area with a corner fireplace. The elegant staircase leads off at one side and opposite this is the fitted cloakroom with wash basin and WC, There is a wide walkway between the stairs and the cloakroom, providing a feeling of space and leading into the open plan kitchen, dining and sitting areas, these extending to the full depth of the house, as does the living area at the other end. Double doors lead out to the garden via the spacious wooden deck, from where there are stunning views over the village.
The kitchen is fitted with attractive wood cupboard units in contrasting painted and natural finishes and incorporating the double bowl sink. There are also built in appliances, these being an oven, ceramic hob and dishwasher. An open sided island unit provides a partial room divider from the dining and sitting areas.
On the first floor, the spacious master bedroom has its own full bathroom and access to a large south facing terrace with terracotta flooring. There is an independent bathroom for the other two double bedrooms, both of which have access to wide balconies.
The full staircase continues to the second floor, where the fourth bedroom is situated. The remaining area is currently used for storage, but there is ample scope to create a further bedroom and bathroom, or to convert the entire area into a studio apartment. Hot and cold water and drainage have already been installed with this in mind.
Independent of and at a level below that of the house is the second building, constructed in similar style and providing an open fronted garage for four vehicles at ground level. Above this is the studio, which includes an open plan fitted kitchen area and a fully equipped shower room and WC.
The house sits in over 8000 m of land, some of which is deciduous forest, whilst the south facing garden is surrounded by meadows and trees. The addition of a swimming pool would be a relatively simple matter, there being a part of the garden which is ideal for this.
There are stunning panoramic views over the village and beyond, taking full advantage of the superb elevated position of the property.
ETXALAR VILLAGE & SURROUNDS
The village of Etxalar lies 28 km from Behobia, the border between France and Spain and 8 km over the mountain road towards Sare in France. This is at the northern side of Navarra and the western end of the Pyrenees and the village is some 25 km from the Bay of Biscay.
Etxalar has an interesting variety of civil architecture featuring houses built between the 16th and 17th centuries. These generally large houses were constructed with ashlars and are adorned with wooden balconies. The architecture, like the village as a whole, has been extremely well preserved, so much so that it has been awarded a National Tourism Prize.
The property is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty with direct access onto the GR 11 trekking route and is surrounded by mountains where you can walk or ride for hours as well as only 15 minutes away from wonderful beaches. One of the best attractions of all is that it hasnt been ravaged by mass tourism; moreover, San Sebastian, Pamplona, and Biarritz can all be reached in about half an hour.
1. These details are provided and intended as a general guide only and do not form a contract or any part of a contract. Intending buyers must make their own investigations and are advised to take appropriate independent legal advice. The final sale price may vary due to currency exchange fluctuations.
2. Please be aware that, if you print off these details entirely, they will include the full Disclaimer which covers numerous points, some of which may not be relevant to this property and which can be viewed by clicking on Disclaimer at the foot of this page. To avoid this, print the pages of the actual property details individually, but it will then be assumed that you have read and are aware of the complete Disclaimer.
Etxalar, Navarra, Spain
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need