Manners Maketh Man
1. Always give up your seat for someone older or frailer than you on a tube or bus.
2. Hold a door open for a stranger; it costs you nothing more than two seconds and people don’t forget good manners.
3. Offer to carry something heavy for someone
4. Strike up a conversation with a sales person. It might improve their day and you might well enjoy what they have to say.
5. Most importantly say “thank you” for everything. It couldn’t be easier to do and you can never lose.
A helpful extra is to buy people you’ve worked with cake on a Friday.
* Subscribe to Country Life and save 40%
* Follow Country Life on Twitter