You are in:Home/Ireland/ …Ingredients1/2 lb raw grated potatoes1/2 lb cooked mashed potatoes1/2 lb flour1 tsp bicarbonate of soda1 tsp salt2 tbs melted butter1/4 pt milkMethod:
- Wring the raw potatoes in a cloth to extract all the liquid, which you will discard.
- Mix the grated and mashed potatoes with flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Blend in the melted butter, then pour in enough milk to make a soft, elastic dough.
- Knead the dough and form several large balls, which you will flatten with your hand to ‘cakes’ about 1/2 in high.
- Bake each ‘cake’ on the griddle, turning several times to avoid burning. Thefirst cake will take slightly longer to bake, as the griddle warms up. Expect the others to take 5-8 minutes each, depending on size.