340g/12oz pasta shapes, cooked and drained
2-3 red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
3 courgettes, cut half lengthways
1 large aubergine, cut into thick slices
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into quarters
sea salt and cracked black pepper
extra virgin olive oil, chilli oil and balsamic vinegar or pesto
parmesan or mozzarella
torn basil leaves
1. Preheat the barbecue or grill to a medium heat.
2. Toss the vegetables in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Barbecue the peppers first. Cook skin side down until the skin becomes charred. Remove, peel off the skin, cut into strips and set aside.
4. Barbecue the remaining vegetables until soft and crisping at the edges. Remove and cut the aubergine and courgettes into chunks.
5. Stir the vegetables through the cooked pasta. Pour over extra virgin olive oil, chilli oil, balsamic vinegar or pesto.
Serve topped with parmesan or mozzarella and torn basil.