A sympathetic restoration of a C17th listed building uninhabited since 1936. When the current owners bought it was in a state of dilapidation and structurally unsound. The cottage now has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining and living rooms, a study and a 2 bay oak framed garage with storage space above. The oak for the extension has been cut from within a mile of the site from the owners? own woodland. Flints have been collected from the grounds and bricks reclaimed from the original building. The heating is provided by a groundsource heat pump feeding into underfloor heating throughout the house. In the old kitchen the original brick floor was lifted and put back with worn bricks returned to their original location. Laths and limeplaster have been used to recreate the missing ceilings and areas where the wattle and daub was missing or damaged. Local craftsmen have been employed and as many original features as possible have been retained. Reclaimed materials within the build include an arched window on the North elevation, a Green Man above the back door and the stone fireplace in the old kitchen.