The smell of rose really does sum up early summer perfectly so use the rose petals to keep the smell all year round by creating your own rose scent.
You will need:
6 cups of Rose Petals
Vodka (any supermarket brand)
Rose essential oil
Glycerin (available in pharmacies)
* Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add 6 cups of rose petals. Leave to gently simmer for 2 hours.
* Remove the pan and strain the liquid by pouring it though a funnel slowly onto cheesecloth over a large bowl. Twist the cheesecloth and wring out the liquid from the boiled petals.
* Leave the rose water to cool.
* Measure out 2 cups of the rosewater in a bowl
* Add 3 tablespoons of vodka
* Add 10 drops of Rose Essential oil
* Add 4 drops of Glycerin
* Stir the perfume and let it sit for a few minutes to let it gain its scent. Add more rose oil if needed.
* When your ideal level of rose scent is achieved pour into a perfume bottle.