This stable block and Italianate greenhouse had been neglected for 40 years before the current owners (an architectural practice and the local council) took on the buildings – the house which they once served having been demolished in 1953. The project includes restoration of the fabric of the stable block, including complete internal refurbishment, which now functions as an office and accomodation. The brick towers were in a stable condition and required some re-pointing, re-building and new windows. Most of the work was to the single section stories which were roofed by corrugated iron sheets held up by metal scaffolding poles. These have been replaced with lead roofs and full height glazing. The glazed arches and brick and flint details of the exterior have also been brought into the interior. The rare early 19th century greenhouse is now back in full working order and is open to the public.