- 8 bedrooms
- 2 bathrooms
- 15 habitable rooms
- 700 square meters of living space
- 250 square meters of surface of the outbuildings
250 km from Paris, 200 km from Brussels and 90 km from Luxemburg.
A natural region with a good balance between deep forests and lush grasslands, undulating scenery with the Meuse winding through it, an outstanding natural heritage enhanced by its Natura 2000 classification.
Traditionally hunting and fishing grounds, these wide open, unspoilt spaces are ideal for a wide variety of outdoor leisure activities.
This property, on the outskirts of a small fortified town filled with character, spans more than 9 ha of land enclosed by stone walls and fencing as well as 2 ha of grasslands separated by a country lane.
Away from all nuisances, it has two entrances. The main, tree-lined driveway provides an initial glimpse of the vast parklands in front of the residence, whereas the second driveway, at the back of the house, runs alongside the caretaker’s cottage.
The parklands are pleasantly divided between woods, grasslands and orchards. They form a natural, easy to maintain estate. A narrow, delightful, forest path makes its slightly undulating way around the property.
In a dominant position and known locally as “the castle”, this residence was built of quarry blocks and dressed stone between 1563 and 1565.
Originally a stronghold house intended for defensive purposes, this impressive, squat, L-shaped building spans two floors built over cellars, topped with a steep slate, sprocket roof featuring roof dormers. It is extended by a lower outbuilding, the original openings of which evoke a somewhat religious style.
A 3-sided pavilion was constructed in the corner of the “L” in the 19th century to make it easier to move between the two wings. Built of brick and dressed stone, it adds a touch of charm to the previously austere building.
Many are the events that have taken place since the 16th century on this site, headquarters of the Marquis-de-Fabert in 1654. The young Louis XIV is also said to have paid him a visit during an inspection of the troops. Bernardin-de-Saint-Pierre is meant to have begun writing “Paul-et-Virginie” here. It was also the German headquarters during the Second World War.
The most touching feature unquestionably remains the pencil marks on the bathroom wall, showing the children’s changing heights and bearing witness to the generations that have succeeded one another.
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need