Mansion For Sale In Near Drogheda,ireland
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 4 bedrooms
- An outstanding country home situated in the most idyllic surroundings
- Set in 1.8 acres of mature grounds and woodland teaming with wildlife
- Extensively renovated in 1999 and appointed to the highest standards
- Work included a new Bangor slate roof
- new windows & new electrics
- Features include Axminster carpets
- Amtico tiles and solid teak doors
- Double doors to large conservatory overlooking the secluded grounds
- Fitted kitchen breakfast room
- Miele & Bosch appliances
- Photographic studio & separate dark room would convert to living space
- Just 5 minutes drive from world famous County Louth Links Golf Course
- Only 45 minutes from Dublin Airport and 5 minutes from Drogheda Town
Property descriptionThe property is located in the very sought after Baltray area, located north-east of Drogheda Town and home to the famous links course of the County Louth Golf Club, rated in Golf Digest as one of the 100 best golf courses in the world and home to the Irish Open Golf Championship.
The country residence was extensively renovated by the present owner in 1999. It was re-roofed in bespoke Bangor slate, had all its windows replaced and was rewired throughout. At the same time, the first floor was completely re-modelled to provide greatly improved and luxurious accommodation.
Indeed, luxury abounds throughout, with such features as the original maple floors, Amtico floor tiling, Axminster carpets and the solid teak doors. Three open fireplaces add to the natural warmth of this delightful, welcoming home, which is further enhanced by the AGA in the kitchen.
The kitchen breakfast room is extensively fitted with cream painted units and has a large utility room leading off. The built-in Neff, Miele and Bosch appliances are all included.
Leading from the bright entrance hall are the main reception rooms. The large lounge has an open fireplace and double doors lead to the large conservatory, which looks on to the secluded garden. The dining room and the third reception room are interlinked.
Upstairs, there are four double bedrooms. The master bedroom features an open fireplace and a large walk-in wardrobe, while the main bathroom includes a shower and sauna room, perfect for relaxing. Villeroy & Boch bathroom fittings and the power showers are further examples of the luxury finish, which prevails throughout the interior, splendidly finished off with the earthy Farrow & Ball paint.
The original garage has been converted into a solid oak floored photographic studio, which has an adjoining detached dark room. This area has great potential for the creation of a self contained granny flat or simply adding to the family accommodation.
The grounds include the large sweeping driveway and extensive parking area, manicured lawns and mature woodland and are completely secluded by tall trees and high fencing.
In all, this is not just a property, its a revelation. To quote the reluctant seller, Life here is as slow-paced as the pouring of the Guinness in the local inn. In a mad world, its a place for rediscovering yourself. Its a place youll be proud to call home.
DROGHEDA TOWN & BALTRAY
Drogheda is situated on the east coast of Ireland and is the last bridging point of the River Boyne before the river enters the sea. Originally two towns, one on each side of the river, the united town has a charter which was granted in 1194.
The town is rich in history and has numerous reminders of its past, which was not always peaceful! Today, it is a thriving, bustling metropolis, packed with fine facilities for its residents, neighbours and its many visitors. There are excellent shopping facilities, the usual commercial amenities and a wealth of sporting and cultural organisations.
Drogheda Town has much to offer, with a full range of activities and events throughout the year, numerous interesting and historic places to visit and entertainment for all ages.
The village of Baltray (its name comes from the Irish of beach settlement), is situated on the north shore of the Boyne Estuary. Famous for its golf and standing stones of the megalithic era, Baltray has become a fashionable residential and rural locality, which remains unspoilt and highly sought after.
1. These details are provided and intended as a general guide only and do not form a contract or any part of a contract. Intending buyers must make their own investigations and are advised to take appropriate independent legal advice. The final sale price may vary due to currency exchange fluctuations.
2. Please be aware that, if you print off these details from the Investabroad Properties website, they will include the full Disclaimer which covers numerous points, some of which may not be relevant to this property and which can be viewed by clicking on Disclaimer at the foot of this page. To avoid this, print the pages of the actual property details individually, but it will then be assumed that you have read and are aware of the complete Disclaimer.
Near Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need