Piedmont - Castle & Hotel For Sale In Monferrato
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 10 bedrooms
- 14 bathrooms
Property descriptionAt the borders of Monferrato, in Piedmont, we find this beautiful castle with park. The building finely restored, offers a total of 10 bedrooms and 14 bathrooms and is currently a boutique hotel with congress hall and restaurant. The outdoor areas, roughly 6,900 sqm covered for the most park by a well-maintained park, are the ideal frame for al fresco events and ceremonies. In 1908 the building was awarded the title of National monument for its great historic and artistic value.
The small medieval town offers all the necessary services (supermarkets, post offices, banks, pharmacies) and other cites of Piedmont (and not only) are easily reached in just over an hour by car (Alessandria, Asti, Alba, Turin, Genoa, Milan).
The closest airport is the one in Genoa (82km; 1h) but the terminals in Cuneo, Turin, Milan and Bergamo are equally convenient.
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDINGS
The castle (1.640 sqm 17,646 sqft, 9 bedrooms and 11 bathrooms) is the heart of the property and is laid over four floors in total, used as event halls and guest accommodation:
- Basement: entrance hall, ample dining room professional kitchen, storage room and technical room;
- Ground floor: magnificent even hall, sitting rooms for the guests with bathrooms, offices and dressing room for the staff with bathroom;
- First floor: seven bedrooms with en-suite bathroom;
- Second floor: two manorial suites with private bathroom.
The several rooms inside the castle are currently used for events and congresses, with capacities varying between 10 and 170 guests. The restaurant in the basement can accommodate up to 25 guests in a very intimate room.
The foresteria (510 sqm 5,488 sqft, 1 bedroom and 3 bathrooms) has been built in place of the old stables and is nowadays laid over three floors as follows:
- Basement: technical room;
- Ground floor: entrance room, ample congress room, bar and guest bathrooms;
- First floor: office, storage room, staff bathroom and small apartment (living room with cooking corner, bedroom and bathroom).
Outside, the castle is surrounded by a tree-dotted park of roughly 6,900 sqm with a paved apron: both spaces are ideal for al fresco events or to just relax in full tranquility.
HISTORY, STATE AND FINISHES
The castle has been mentioned in official documents since 1367, when the town ended up in the hands of Galeazzo Visconti: whats certain is that a keep or a provisional fortress existed in this exact spot to defend the town. The Visconti family tasked several noble families of the area to manage the town, the last one of which kept the castle for over five centuries.
Between the 18th and the 19th century, the new owners carried out a series of works of restoration and consolidation (mainly on the eastern and southern faades), creating the still-existing entrance gate with the guard tower above.
The property can also claim the title of Royal castle, since in the 19th century it was bought by Queen Maria Cristina of Naples and Sicily, queen consort of Sardinia as wife of King Charles Felix.
In 1908 the Ministry of public instruction declared the castle a National monument.
The current owners have carried out a first renovation between 2005 and 2006, so to make the castle compliant with current regulations for accommodation businesses. This means all the systems (electric, hydraulic) have been remade from scratch and are thus in excellent condition.
One last touch, between 2018 and 2019, involved the bedrooms and the guest halls: walls have been repainted and old furniture has been replaced with a newer one.
-, Alessandria, Alessandria, Italy
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need