Tuscany - Wine Estate (7.2 Ha Of Vineyards) For Sale In Montalcino
Property featuresEmail AgentEmail Agent
- 6 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
Property descriptionOn the hills of Val dOrcia, not far from the renowned Montalcino, wine estate with 7.2 hectares of vineyard, stone farmhouse with wine cellar and ruin to be restored.
The estate is easily accessed and provided with all the services by the nearby town (18km; 25). The location is very convenient to move throughout the most interesting and renowned towns of Tuscany: the SantAntimo abbey which gave its name to a famous wine (28km; 40), the papal Pienza (40km; 50), Montepulciano with its Nobile wine (54km; 1h 10), the beautiful Siena (60km; 1h 15), Grosseto (60km; 1h), the beautiful seaside of Castiglione della Pescaia (81km; 1h 20) and Follonica (100km; 1h 25) and the Renaissant Florence (131km; 2h 15).
The most convenient airports to reach the property are Grosseto Baccarini (64km; 1h), Perugia SantEgidio (127km; 2h), Firenze Peretola (142km; 2h 10), Pisa Galilei (208km; 2h 25), Roma Ciampino (236km; 3h 10) and Roma Fiumicino (229km; 2h 40).
DESCRIPTION OF THE BUILDING
The main building in the property is laid out onto two floors. On the ground floor we have the wine cellar (roughly 665 sqm) completed by a shed used as ageing and storing room. The first floor, instead, hosts two independent apartments (380 sqm in total):
- Apartment N1: loggia, living room with fireplace, kitchen, sitting room (currently used as tasting room), three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a wood-burning oven from the 18th century;
- Apartment N2: living room, three bedrooms (one with a walk-in closet), three bathrooms, kitchen with dining room and dehors.
The property is then completed by several agricultural buildings (manure-pit, warehouse and stone annex). An ample ruin is owned for 70% and the remaining part could be bought with separate negotiation.
STATE AND FINISHES
The main building, which hosts the cellar and the two apartments, has been finely restored keeping the typical traits intact. The apartments, in particular, boasts terracotta floors, wooden beams with terracotta tiles on the ceilings, brick arches and stone fireplaces. The cellar has been reworked so to have ample spaces and make it easier to produce wine.
Other buildings in the property need a few recovery and renovation works before being usable. The ruin, in particular, is in bad shape and requires a reconstruction from the ground-up.
The estate covers a surface of 83.1 hectares. The most important part is no doubt the vineyards (7.2 ha) made up of red varieties only (Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot e Petit Verdot) planted between 2003 and 2004. The remaining surface is covered in arable and grazing land (34.2 ha) and woodland (41.7 ha). It is important to note how part of the arable land (roughly 20 ha) could be used to plant further vines which would lead to an increase in wine production.
DETAILS ON WINE PRODUCTION
- Vineyard surface: 7.2 hectares (1.6 ha Rosso di Montalcino DOC + 5.6 ha SantAntimo DOC)
- Varieties: Sangiovese (66,7%), Cabernet Sauvignon (13,8%), Merlot (13,8%), Petit Verdot (5,7%)
- Years of planting: 2003 2004
- Altitude: 200 300 m
- Exposure: south / southwest
- Density of planting: 5,000 vines / ha
- Average yield: up to 8.0 tons / ha
- Training: pruned-spur cordon
- Harvesting: manual
- Yearly production: 420 hl (approximately 56,000 bottles)
- Maximum capacity: 1,400 hl (800 hl in stainless steel vats + 600 hl in wooden barrels)
- Rosso di Montalcino DOC: Sangiovese 100%
- Rosso Toscano IGT: Sangiovese 50%, Cabernet Sauvignon 25%, Merlot 25%
- Rosso Toscano IGT: Cabernet Sauvignon 100%
-, Montalcino, Siena, Italy
Fill out the form below to contact the agent for any further information you may need