The Old Rectory is a Grade II listed former rectory situated in Newport in Shropshire.
Previously known as Hurlestone House, the property was built in 1760 and has many fine architectural features including marble open fireplaces and large sash windows; the drawing room and dining room are both fine examples of the period and the kitchen provides a contemporary cooking and living space. Upstairs there are six spacious and individual bedrooms leading to an elegant landing.
Accommodation in total comprises: reception hall, drawing room, dining room, sitting room, contemporary kitchen/breakfast room, study, galleried landing and six bedrooms plus two bathrooms.
The gardens comprise a private walled garden area mostly laid to lawn with a productive kitchen garden surrounded by a number of mature trees and shrubs.
* For more properties like this every week, subscribe and save
Newport is an historic Shropshire market town with highly regarded schools and plenty of good amenities. It has easy access to the M54, while Stafford station (12.5 miles) has direct trains to London.
The guide price is £785,000. For further information please contact Savills on 01952 239 500 or visit www.savills.co.uk.