Holbeck Ghyll is a fantastic English country house hotel beloved of those looking for some rest and relaxation in beautiful surroundings, and kindly played host to a recent COUNTRY LIFE fashion shoot, published on October 15 2008. A majestic location overlooking Lake Windermere and the Langdale Fells in the English Lake District is a perfect setting for Holbeck Ghyll. One of the Lake District’s finest country house hotels, Holbeck Ghyll provides an oasis of calm, surrounded by stunning landscape, yet only five minutes from Windermere.
Dinner in the Michelin Star Restaurant overlooking Lake Windermere is a must for all visitors and the exclusive spa is a perfect place to be pampered. The majority of bedrooms enjoy the breathtaking lake views – there is a choice of more traditional rooms in the main house, or lodge rooms with private balconies or patios. The Miss Potter Suite is truly the finest for that special occasion and suites in the grounds include The Shieling, The Gatehouse and Madison House.
Lowtherwood, a detached barn in the grounds, is our latest development and has four bedrooms –all absolute luxury – and is ideal for a special family gathering – and where our fashion team stayed during the shoot.
To find out more, or for details of rates and availablility log onto www.holbeckghyll.com/ or telephone 015394 32375.
* Country Life hotel of the year 2002
* 2009 Good Food Guide Wine List of the Year Award
* 2007 Taittinger Wine List of the Year
* Northern Hospitality Awards 2006 “Best Hotel”
* Winner of a coveted Michelin Star 2008 (9 consecutive years)
* Cumbria Life Magazine Restaurant of the Year 2007
* Andrew Harper Grand Award Winner 2000 and Top 15 Views in the World
* 2007 SLH Best Hotel Ambassador