* Nominees will need to supply a name address, email, telephone number and before and after pictures of the restoration to be entered. Non-residents of a property can enter another restoration, but must state they are not the owner and supply the owner’s contact details.
* The closing date for entries is midnight Wednesday 5 May 2010
* A maximum of three nominations may be made by any one individual, organisation or architectural practice.
* A shortlist of the best entries will be displayed online at www.countrylife.co.uk/restoration and visitors to the site will be able to register their support online for their favourite. A shortlist for the five predetermined separate regions will then be compiled by the team at Country Life and Jackson-Stops & Staff. These will each be visited by the judges to choose that region’s finalist. An overall winner will be decided by at a meeting of all five judges.
* The decision about which properties to load up onto the competition website for viewing by the public, and which will be included on the shortlist, is at Country Life and Jackson-Stops & Staff’s discretion and no debate will be entered into.
* Each restoration on the website can be rated by visitors to the site – the restoration with the highest overall ratings will be announced online as the ‘People’s Choice’ for Restoration of the Century.
* The overall winner and regional runners-up will receive a commemorative award courtesy of Country Life and Jackson Stops & Staff.
* Judges will take each restoration on its merits and their decision will be final. Of particular importance are sensitivity to the historic fabric, ingenuity of approach and fine craftsmanship. In addition, the finished product must be of exemplary quality and possess flair, appeal and interest.
* Properties on the market at any time during the process will not be considered as eligible for entry into the competition.
* Entrants (owners of properties entered into the competition as well as the photographers) must understand that images submitted to the competition could appear on either the website www.countrylife.co.uk/restoration or in the print publication Country Life in connection with this competition.