* Prom 61 (August 31, 8pm) Soprano Violetta Urmana and mezzo Olga Borodina lead the singers in Verdi’s Requiem. Jiri Belohlávek conducts the BBCSO and Chorus.
* Prom 72 (September 9, 7.30pm) Murray Perahia is the soloist in Mozart’s Piano Concert No 24. The Chicago Symphony Orchestra, under Bernard Haitink, also plays Shostakovich’s Symphony No 4.
* Prom 38 (August 14, 7pm) Daniel Barenboim conducts the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra in Haydn’s Sinfonia Concertante, Schoenberg’s Variations for Orch-estra and Brahms’s Symphony No 4.
* Prom 64 (September 2, 7.30pm) The Berlin Philharmonic plays Pre-lude and Liebestod from Wagner’s Tristan und Isolde, and Messiaen’s Turangalîla Symphony under Sir Simon Rattle.
* Prom 18 (July 31, 7pm) Glynde-bourne presents a semi-staged version of its acclaimed production of Monteverdi’s The Coro-
nation of Poppaea, with Danielle de Niese in the title role and Alice Coote as Nero. Emmanuelle Haïm conducts the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment.
* Prom 70 (September 7, 4pm) Messiaen’s massive, mystical Saint Francis of Assisi, performed in concert by The Netherlands Opera under Ingo Metzmacher, with Rod Gilfry as St Francis.
* Proms 13 (July 27, 11am) Freema Agyeman presents a Doctor Who Prom, with music from the TV series and extraterrestrial classical favourites by the likes of Copland, Holst and Wagner. Plus a specially filmed scene starring David Tennant. With the BBC Philharmonic and London Philharmonic Choir.
* Proms 60 (August 31, 4pm) Piano prodigy Lang Lang gives a matinee recital of well-loved pieces, including works by Mozart, Chopin and Liszt, and is joined by his nine-year-old protégé, Marc Yu, in Schu-bert’s Fantasia in F Minor for two pianos.