Norton Priory offers elegantly restored nine bedroom accommodation in an idyllic setting adjoining the Pagham Harbour Nature Reserve. Situated within the ?Hundred of Manhood? and built on land originally given to St Wilfred by the Saxon King CeadWalla in AD683, the house is steeped in history.

Records show that there was a rectory on the monastic site in the early 13th century, and Saxon herringbone work identical with 7th and 8th century work within St Wilfreds crypt in York Minster, can be seen in the footings of the walls.

Norton Priory

Parts of the Priory date from the 15th Century and there are many period features as well as a contemporary kitchen. The house is ideal for entertaining; an impressive panelled drawing room with two open fireplaces and a spacious dining room with exposed timbers have been tastefully restored to the highest level.

On the first floor bedrooms, bathrooms and dressing rooms have been refitted using appropriate materials and finishes and many have views out to sea. A 14 room Coach House is connected to the main house by a broad hall.

The gardens and grounds surrounding the Priory extend to approximately 30 acres and comprise broad sweeps of lawn, delightful, bluebell stocked woodland, fenced paddock and ponds.

Norton Priory, Church Norton is offered for sale by Hamptons Country House Department in Chichester at a guide price of £2,500,000. For more information please contact Felicity Chetwood on +44(0) 1243 790 312.