Merton Hall sits in an idyllic location with panoramic views across the open countryside and the Galloway Hills, within easy distance of the market town of Newton Stewart.
The earliest mention of the manor is a charter granted by James III in 1477, granting the lands to John Kennedy of Blairquahan. The building has been considerably extended and altered over the years, previously being occupied as a school.
The present owner has completely restored the annex and they have undertaken the partial restoration of the main house including traditional fireplaces, some original plaster cornices, skirtings and door surrounds. The upper two floors are largely complete with the remainder being work in progress.
The house sits amidst approximately 32 acres of formal gardens, grazing land and mature deciduous woodland. There is a former walled garden within which there has previously been planning consent for a dwellinghouse (being sold in a separate lot).
Prestwick Airport is 45 miles. Offers in the region of £795,000 are being invited through Gap in the Markt (01671 402104)