The Old Rectory, in Drinkstone near Bury St. Edmunds, was built around 1760 for Rev. Richard Moseley on the site of an earlier house. It is an exceptionally fine Grade II* Listed property, admired by Pevsner and constructed in red brick under hipped slated roofs with internal chimneys.
There are 8 bedrooms, a drawing room, dining room, library/sitting room and a kitchen/breakfast room. On the lower ground floor is a playroom and stores.
Outside are walled gardens, landscaped gardens and a swimming pool. Further accommodation is provided by a coach house with 2 apartments and the restored Old Rectory Farm which includes a cottage and stable complex offering potential to create a separate private house.
The house is on jointly with Jackson-Stops & Staff (01284 700535) or Savills (01284 731100). £2.5 million