Believed to have been built in 1740, The Old Vicarage is a stone-built house with later extensions added by resident Vicars. Accommodation is spacious, with original flagstone floors and stone fireplaces in some of the reception rooms while the kitchen has a large fireplace with a slate surround and oil-fired Rayburn; the house also has a second kitchen/pantry.
Upstairs are five bedrooms (one en suite) on the first floor providing lots of space for a family. A particular feature are the large shuttered sash windows with their granite lintels.
* For more properties like this every week, subscribe and save
The house also comes with outbuildings including the old creamery which is currently used as a workshop and for storage, a summer house, a greenhouse and a stable block with three loose boxes.
The gardens surround the house on all sides and the rear and side gardens are partially laid to lawn and studded with mature trees and shrubs. The main gardens have planted borders and fruit trees and additionally there is an orchard filled with mature apple trees. Beyond here is a 3.5 acre paddock which contains the stable block.
The Old Vicarage is situated in the pretty hamlet of Treneglos which consists of only a handful of dwellings spread around a very fine church which is believed to date back to the 9th century. The hamlet lies just inland from the north Cornish coast. For services there are services and communications at the nearby villages of Warbstow and Hallworthy, and a full range of amenities at Launceston (10 miles).
The guide price is £850,000. For further information please contact Knight Frank on 01392 848842 or visit www.knightfrank.co.uk.
* Follow us on Twitter