Beaurepaire Park lies just 6 miles north of Basingstoke. The current house dates from the 18th century but the estate is recorded as being first owned by the St John family during the reign of Henry III. The house suffered considerable damage during the Civl War and the hands of the Roundheads before it was later rebuilt in 1777.
Part of this house was destroyed by fire in 1942 when it was owned by Sir Strati Ralli, one of the richest men in Britain at the time. It was later remodelled to form the house that stands today.
Standing at the centre of the 249-acre estate, Beaurepaire is surrounded by formal gardens, the moat, historic parkland, woods, pastures and farmland. The 7-bedroom house has plenty of space for formal entertaining as well as a family kitchen and an orangery for summer dining.
Accessed by a footbridge over the moat is the stable yard with seven loose boxes and tack and stable offices. Adjacent is an outdoor manege which is floodlit.
There are three further houses on the estate: a stable cottage, the Queen’s cottage and the Middle Lodge which has planning consent for demolishment to be replaced by a 4 bedroom house designed by Adam Architects.
For sale through Knight Frank (020 7629 8171) for £8 million