The Firs is a Grade II listed country property in Shropshire dating back to 1588, when it was originally the village vicarage. The house has subsequently been extended, renovated and modernised to offer a good combination of period features with modern standards of living.
The drawing room and dining room have an open fire and a wood-burning stove respectively, while the kitchen is very well equipped. A rear porch and a conservatory have been recently added, while the first floor has three bedrooms and a family bathroom.
Outside, the house comes with barns and a stable block which have good potential for conversion. The garden lies mainly to the rear of the house and is largely laid to lawn with colourful herbaceous and flowering borders. Beyond the barns is a fruit and vegetable garden, while a small orchard lies to the east.
The Firs is located in the south west of Shropshire, in the village of Lydbury North, and has a primary school, shop, pub, church and a village hall. Bishops Castle is just three miles and Craven Arms is eight miles.
The guide price is £490,000. For further information please contact Strutt & Parker on 01584 873 711 or visit www.struttandparker.com.
* Follow Country Life magazine on Twitter