Kent House sits on the south bank of the Thames overlooking Hammersmith Bridge. The earliest part of the house was built in the 1760s on the skeleton of a previous house that had existed on the site from 1710. A second major reconstruction took place in the 1780s, with the addition of the western bay and Georgian period elements including the ornamental fireplaces, decorative plasterwork ceilings, joinery, and fine architectural
Throughout the most restoration project of Kent House, Robin Walker Architects have worked closely with the Georgian Society to ensure the house is restored to its historic splendour. Specialist contractors and artisans were engaged and the noted Georgian expert Charles Brooking has supervised the period details. Clivenden Conservation are restoring the decorative plasterworks, ornamental ceilings, and marble fireplaces. Gardiner & Co are undertaking the joinery works, including the restoration of the sash windows, window shutters, panel doors, ornamental staircase, and the original timber floors. Rupert Harris Conservation have undertaken the restoration of the architectural metalwork, including the fireplaces and the front railings.
The rear garden includes a sunken courtyard at lower ground floor level with brick paving and planting. The central part of the garden is divided into areas of lawn and perennials, which are surrounded by gravel walkways and framed by stone benches. A swimming pool lies along one side of the boundary wall.
£14 million through Sotheby’s International Realty (020 7495 9580) and Savills (020 8987 5550)