Wysdom Hall is one of Burford’s oldest and most important houses. Grade II*-listed Wysdom Hall stands on its original 15th-century burgage plot at the heart of the historic town.
It was bought in about 1555 by Simon Wysdom, a prominent local merchant, who made numerous additions, including most of the panelling. In the early 18th century, it was acquired by Richard Whitehall, who gentrified the house, adding its present Classical façade. Substantial renovation work was also carried out in the 1990s.
More recent owners have since upgraded this delightful courtyard house, which has four reception rooms, nine bedrooms, six bath/shower rooms and a media room in the basement.
Price: Jackson-Stops & Staff (01993 822661) quote a guide price of £2.25m for the house, cottage, stable and garden, with a further £500,000 required for the substantial retail shop (let until June 2011).