With some sectors of the market experiencing a slowdown, some properties are proving as popular as ever.
Never having to compromise on price and always having a competitive edge, homes in top golden postcodes appear immune from any downturn, according to property finders, the County Homesearch Company.
Key factors, like location, proximity to good commuter links and stunning views, can create certain hot spots with property that is bound to be a safe bet for nervous buyers in the current climate.
Six of Britains top golden postcodes include:
* Castle Street, Bakewell, DE45 an idyllic setting with beautiful Georgian townhouses intrinsic to this streets charm and exclusiveness
* Ann Street, Edinburgh, EH4 1PJ one of Edinburghs most famous and attractive streets lined with graceful Georgian homes
* Beeston Fields Drive, Nottingham, NG9 3DB a range of exclusive homes combined with quick and easy access into the city
* Lexden Terrace, Tenby, Pembrokeshire, SA70 7BJ glorious views towards Caldey Island the Devon coastline ensures this streets continued popularity
* St Georges Hill, Weybridge, KT13 ONL a private estate in Weybridge in the catchment area for some of the towns top schools
* Rotherfield Road, Henley-on-Thames, RG9 1NR the best of both worlds with country living and easy access to this picturesque town
Streets that can offer something extra, such as houses with distinguishing features or an excellent location will always have people wanting to live there, making them largely resilient to any dips in the market.
Being located in a picturesque village, close to reputable schools or near local amenities are all factors that influence buyers. If a street can meet all of these criteria, then the homes which line it are likely to remain highly sought after, says Jonathan Haward, managing director of the County Homesearch Company (www.county-homesearch.co.uk).