Arabella Youens searches for this autumn’s flooring inspiration.
Who says a revamp shouldn’t start from the ground upwards? We search for this autumn’s flooring inspiration – it’s no child’s play – and reveal the best carpets on the market.
1. This design is part of Ben Pentreath’s collection for Quirky B by Alternative Flooring. Cube in Hawksmoor costs £98.73 per sq m
(01264 335111; www.alternativeflooring.com)
2. Shoreline is part of Cormar Carpet’s Living Naturals range and costs £22 per sq m
(01204 881234; www.cormarcarpets.co.uk)
3. This herringbone carpet, Harry, shown here in Aluminium, is also available in other colours. £81 per sq m by Crucial Trading (www.crucial-trading.com; 01562 743747)
4. Blenheim Carpets designed this custom-made fine-quality Axminster carpet inspired by the surrounding decor of the owner’s house. From £150 per sq m (plus VAT)
(020–7823 6333; www.blenheim-carpets.com)
5. The John Lewis Mohawk Comfort Velvet carpet, shown in Almond White, costs £35 per sq m
(0345 604 9049; www.johnlewis.com)
6. City Plaids by Brintons is a new take on traditional tartan and includes this Knightsbridge design (also available in other colourways). £80 per sq m
(0800 505055; www.brintons.co.uk)
From firebowls to outdoor kitchens, make the most of the summer by entertaining in the garden.
The Quirky B collection for Alternative Flooring is the new kid on the patterned-carpet block.