The Old Rectory is an archetypal edge of village country house in landscaped gardens with a small lake. Thought to date back to 1800, the house is mentioned in Pevsner. Restored in the 1990s, accommodation is presented over three floors with light, spacious high-ceilinged rooms.
The two-part drawing room and the classically proportioned dining room are of particular note and very good for entertaining, while the large kitchen at the back of the house has good views out over the gardens. The sitting room and the study are more intimate rooms on the ground floor and the wine cellars are on the lower ground floor.
* Subscribe to Country Life and save over £50 a year
Upstairs on the first and second floors are the master bedroom suite and seven further bedrooms, plus four further bathrooms.
The gardens are made up of formal and informal areas. The drive dissects the parkland, which is interspersed with mature trees and shrubs. Other areas are laid to lawn and a small lake, two tiered gardens and two paddocks add further elements of interest; the grounds come to around 6.5 acres.
The Old Rectory is positioned on the edge of the village of Bromsberrow in Gloucestershire and close to Bromsberrow Heath which has a post office and a shop for day-to-day requirements. Close to the meeting point between Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Worcestershire the nearest town is Ledbury, which is four miles.
The guide price £1.95m. For further information please contact Knight Frank on 01242 246 959 or visit www.knightfrank.co.uk.
* Follow us on Twitter