1. Amtico’s Signature Wenge Wood costs from £70 per sq m (08703 504090; www.amtico.com)
4. Antique Harp, shown in Smoked Tobacco, is a range of engineered oak flooring, which is wire brushed for texture. From £62 per sq m plus VAT, Fine Oak Flooring (www.fineoakflooring.co. uk; 01727 826500)
6. This oak floorboard comes from Solid Floor’s Shabby Chic range and comes in colours from dirty white to black (shown here). From £119 per sq m plus VAT. Solid Floor (020–7486 4838; www.solidfloor.co.uk)
7. Driftwood Spar Pine is a reclaimed pine flooring from The Antique Oak Flooring Company, which has a pretty silvery-grey colour with a textured grain. £65 per sq m (excluding VAT) (020–8501 7555; www.antiqueoakflooring.co.uk)
8. Rich Tudor from Generations is handplaned, distressed, aged and oiled, with handeased (spoke-shaved) edges. Available as solid oak or engineered oak, which is suitable for underfloor heating. From £152 per sq m (01509 210321; www.generations.co.uk)
Who says a revamp shouldn’t start from the ground upwards?