Inside this incredible, generous Christmas double issue of Country Life this year you will find:
- Jonathan Self recalls the best lines from much-loved TV sitcoms
- Our fiendish big crossword
- Following exhaustive debate, Country Life presents the best books of the past 100 years, plus succinct plot outlines, decade by decade.
- Guess the property price: Guess the price of properties advertised in Country Life since 1985
- The spectacular restoration of the stained-glass windows in Lichfield Cathedral
- Kit Hesketh-Harvey negotiates the diplomatic minefield that is the giving of Christmas presents
- Are you sharp as a carving knife or dulled by the sherry? Test yourself with our great big Editor’s Christmas quiz
- Katy Birchall goes in search of Sugar Plum Fairies backstage at the Royal Ballet’s production of The Nutcracker
Our Christmas double issue also comes with Country Life’s beautiful Travel magazine – find out all the best places to go in 2016 as we guide to across the globe.